Re: Mod Chip Vs. PS Xchange Ver. 2 (OT)

to <tenchi@ml.usagi.org>
from "replicant" <replicant@northstate.net>
subject Re: Mod Chip Vs. PS Xchange Ver. 2 (OT)
date Tue, 2 Apr 2002 05:39:41 -0500
----- Original Message -----
To: "Tenchi Muyo List" <tenchi@ML.usagi.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 12:37 AM
Subject: Mod Chip Vs. PS Xchange Ver. 2 (OT)

> Hello-
>
>     First off, I'm not a big gamer at all. I basically
> just bought my PS for Dance Dance Revolution. Then
> gotta kinda hooked on FF7. I was interested in playing
> import games, mainly for DDR. (Was also kinda curious
> about the Lain PS game.) I know (very generally) about
> how the coding and that works with PS games. And I got
> all the information about the mod chip. For someone
> who knows nothing about mod chips or the interior of
> the Playstation, is a mod chip hard to install? Also,
> I came accross this:
> http://store.yahoo.com/adux/psxchanver2.html  At the
> very least, it's less complicated than the mod chip,
> right? I'm not sure how much mod chips sell for. I
> haven't really looked for them in a while. At any
> rate, which is a smarter choice, the mod chip or the
> PS Xchange? I have no desire to play copied PS games
> in case that factors in the the equation. Any advice
> will be greatly appreciated.
>
>                  -Kodae

The PS-X-Change CD v2 Mod (NTSC Version) is the best
no-soldering mod there is. I recommend it to every person
interested in playing imports on a PSX/PSone. It is a simple swap
method and luckily works with even anti-mod games like
Bust-A-Move 2: Dance Tengoku Mix and Bio Hazard series.

Bear "replicant" Powell

"They all thought I was out of the game....
 But I'm holding all the cards now."
                - Kazuya Mishima (Tekken 4)

Game I am currently playing the most:
Virtua Fighter 4 (Japanese/US PS2)