Re: Odds and Ends

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from "Joseph Riggs" <josephriggs@lycos.com>
subject Re: Odds and Ends
date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 08:39:00 -0800

--

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 01:38:44
 replicant wrote:
> [...]

I wouldn't go that far.  Ultima VIII was poor, but VII was pretty good.  I
haven't played V, so I can't comment on that one.

>> To be frank, I still have to finish 5 and 6, so I could be missing
>something
>> that will push them up.  From the list of Squaresoft Games - while
>Xenosaga
>> is loosely tied to Xenogears, it isn't out yet, and is not being released
>by
>> Squaresoft.  The team apparently defected en masse to start a new company,
>> and Namco (I think) will be the company that publishes it.
>
>Latest rumors is that Square has gotten it back. Who knows. I just
>want the damn thing released.

?
That's odd.  Hadn't heard a word about anything like that.  Guess it might
make for some fun snooping, though.  Of course, my biggest problem is that I
don't have a PS2...

>> Dragon Warrior VII - Is that the one that's currently in stores for PSX?
>> I've seen it, and I've been wondering if its any good, but I haven't seen
>> enough to make a decision on it.
>
>It is absolutely horrid to look at. It's interface is old and hasn't changed
>really since DW1. It is an amazingly fun game with a great story and is
>epic in all shapes and form. It is now the highest selling game in Japanese
>video game history. 1 replicant and 4.5+ million japanese otaku's can't
>be wrong.

Really!!??
Hmm...  Looks like I'll have to swing by one of the local stores and grab it
today.

junior
currently playing - Kohan: Ahriman's Gift

2,000,000,000 Web Pages--you only need 1. Save time with My Lycos.
http://my.lycos.com

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited