Re: Odds and Ends

to <tenchi@ml.usagi.org>
from "replicant" <replicant@northstate.net>
subject Re: Odds and Ends
date Fri, 1 Mar 2002 01:38:44 -0500
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Joseph Riggs" <josephriggs@lycos.com>

> I don't have a PS2, so I haven't had a chance to look at X.  I found the
> story in 8 to be so awful that I had to literally force myself to finish
it.
> I'm still not sure whether Ultima IX or Final Fantasy 8 is worse.

Ultima IX. Ultima has sucked since like part 3.

> To be frank, I still have to finish 5 and 6, so I could be missing
something
> that will push them up.  From the list of Squaresoft Games - while
Xenosaga
> is loosely tied to Xenogears, it isn't out yet, and is not being released
by
> Squaresoft.  The team apparently defected en masse to start a new company,
> and Namco (I think) will be the company that publishes it.

Latest rumors is that Square has gotten it back. Who knows. I just
want the damn thing released.

> Dragon Warrior VII - Is that the one that's currently in stores for PSX?
> I've seen it, and I've been wondering if its any good, but I haven't seen
> enough to make a decision on it.

It is absolutely horrid to look at. It's interface is old and hasn't changed
really since DW1. It is an amazingly fun game with a great story and is
epic in all shapes and form. It is now the highest selling game in Japanese
video game history. 1 replicant and 4.5+ million japanese otaku's can't
be wrong.

Bear "replicant" Powell

"They all thought I was out of the game....
 But I'm holding all the cards now."
                - Kazuya Mishima (Tekken 4)

Game I am currently playing the most:
Dark Age of Camelot (Online)