Re: Ribbons and Internet banners

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Michael Haney <youhavebeenzorched@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Ribbons and Internet banners
date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:56:07 -0800 (PST)
--- Gregory Himes <gd_himes@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have noticed the many "Ribbons" for things like
> the heroes of 9/11, AIDS prevention, and internet
> censorship.
> I was wondering if there was one for the support
> against internet piracy, or piracy in general.
> Also, maybe we could start one, even though they are
> so cliche and passe now, against the censorship of
> anime...
----------

Number one, the ribbon thing against Internet Piracy
is like putting a huge red bullseye on your website
with the caption in huge bold letters saying "PLEASE
HACK ME!"  Most things on the net that are against
piracy are targets for vindictive hackers...forget you
even thought of the idea.  Napster has fallen, but its
legacy lives on forever!(and it will too ^_^)

Now the ribbon against Anime Censorship is OK.  I
encourage that one, it makes sense.  I might even
design it myself.  Give me a few weeks.

====
===================
Michael "The-Zorch" Haney
youhavebeenzorched@yahoo.com
White Knight of KOME
Member of Tenchi ML, #SAS#, #WASHU#, and FFAN!
Founder of World of Tenchi!
Co-Developer of Star-Skimmer!

Search field Search string

archive list