Re: LOL ninjas? (ot)

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gd_himes@yahoo.com>
subject Re: LOL ninjas? (ot)
date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:31:06 -0800 (PST)
--- Kathleen <rocket98@gte.net> wrote:

> > OT for a second...did anybody else catch the live-action Tick? I
> know that
> Fox
>
> > kept moving it around the schedule, and seems to have succeeded in
> killing
> it;
>
> > from what I've heard, last Thursday's episode will be the last to
> air...just
> > after I saw the action figures show up at Suncoast.

Well, it was filmed for last year's season, and then held in the can
for a year...  That's a major strike against continuing it (since the
set's been dormant, and the actors, for a year).
I taped every episode that didn't "move" out of slot.
<sigh>  The Tick is better than all but one of the X-Files eps I've
seen this season, and I missed a couple because of sports events (kind
of hard when the VCR catches only the first 15 minutes because it was
delayed 45 minutes. (My VCR is set to catch Futurama, Simpsons, and
X-Files -- Funny, I've only seen one Futurama this season, it too will
be dead, because you can't get ratings on a show that doesn't appear).

Too bad Fox isn't the only one sabotaging their programming at the
moment.  UPN is doing the same thing, and SCI-FI's lineup has pretty
much sucked recently (Outer Limits, when compared to the original is a
piece of unredeemable garbage, and they keep stealing footage from
previous episodes to support crappy scripts for this season).  Where
the FRELL is Farscape?
Well the only decent TV to look forward to, now, this week is the end
of "Rose Red"  I hope that doesn't fail, it looks good so far, but
whether it's good or not will rely wholly upon the last 90 minutes.

====

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited