Re: OT:Video/Capture Card or Video & Capture Card

to <tenchi@ml.usagi.org>
from "Simeon" <sim2d2@nyc.rr.com>
subject Re: OT:Video/Capture Card or Video & Capture Card
date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:11:20 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
  charset="iso-8859-1"

Tell me your price range, and I can make a reccomendation.

ATI AiW get's my same complaint as before. All in one sollutions tend to
suck.  If your capture card gets F-ed up, your gonna also have trouble wi
th
your video card, which is not fun. You can get a GeForce 2 MX now, for
around 50 bucks, get a stand-alone capture card, and you will be much
happier.

And you should DEFFINATELY consider upgrading your MoBo/CPU prior to doin
video capture. A few Mhz will make all the difference when encoding video
=2E I
reccomend the cheapest, and best platform out there  IMO.  An Athlon XP /
w a
MoBo based on the Via KT266A chipset. It has a tweaked out memmory
controller. and a MoBo with that chipset can be had for arround 80 bucks.
 Of
course you dont *have to* upgrade to do video work, it is just a good ide
a.