RE: OT:Video/Capture Card or Video & Capture Card

to <tenchi@ml.usagi.org>
from "Justin Stewart" <jutin466dn3@yahoo.com>
subject RE: OT:Video/Capture Card or Video & Capture Card
date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 21:42:41 -0500
Frederic Fuller wrote:
> I have been on the various Video card newsgroups, but all they talk
> about is
> problems that they have. If I went by the newsgroups all capture/video
> cards are impossible
>  to use and destroy your computer.
>         Any Suggestions?

I reccomend getting a GeForce 2 MX series card, and any Hauppage WinTV
card.Any except for USB since pretty much any thing that says it can send 30
fps video through USB is a lie. I have a GeForce 2 MX200, i get 46.2 FPS in
Quake 3 normal graphoics mode. Note i have a 950Mhz processor. The WinTV
software and drivers are good except that during captures it doesnt resize
the video windows properly. But the capture turns out fine.

	A note actual real time MPEG 1 or 2 compression i believe is probably MJPEG
or really crappy quality. Raw AVI files converted to MPEG1 VCD type are
around 18FPS on my computer. It would take approximately a 2.0 Ghz Duron or
1.9 Ghz Athlon to do that. Or a 2.3 Ghz P4.(none of which exist currently.
You best bet would to capture raw AVI files split em during capture and then
convert them to mpeg format.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited