Re: Video Girl AI? (ot spoilers)

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Kodae <tenchimuyo85@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Video Girl AI? (ot spoilers)
date Thu, 3 Jan 2002 19:58:29 -0800 (PST)
--- ^_^x Kenshin-dono <kenshindono@attbi.com> wrote:
> just finished watching video girl AI, not bad, too
> shoujo for my tastes but
> the cool blood at the end made up for it ;P anyway i
> liked it more than i
> thought i would but WTF was up with that ending???
>
> *spoilers*
>
> i dont get it, did that god make AI into a human,
> extend her time? it said
> the world went back to normal so was it like she
> never existed? it just cut
> off at a real shitty part, can someone clarify WTF
> happened. Would kinda
> suck if after all that she was just yanked away..
> .for what its worth the
> god looked bad ass =D

> ^_^x KD
> "Do you see how fragile this thing you call 'love"
> is?"-God?/Video Girl AI
> ----
> Kenshin fan for life! Amakakeryunohirameki!!!! ^_^x
> ICQ #125700685

OK I was really confused the first time I saw the Ai
ending. Then I did some reading on-line and put things
together. If I remember right Katsura said that the
clock represented Ai's life, and then that's all he
was giving away about how it ended. He wanted people
to figure it out for themselves. I took it as that
when Ai was taken away the clock stopped, meaning that
she didn't really exist for Yota anymore. She was
taken away. Then their love killed the one Creator(the
God guy) and then the clock started ticking again,
showing that Ai was alive again. If all else fails the
ending showed Ai and Yota running with Takashi and
Moemi. I don't think if the ending was sad that they'd
do that so, I look at it like Ai was saved.  If you
liked it I'd suggest you check out the manga. It's
currently running in Animerica and Viz has released
the first 3 GNs with a 4th coming out soon enough.
There's 15 volumes in the series although the last 2
deal with Video Girl Len. Don't really know much about
that though. You might consider the manga to be a
little more Shonen than the OAV. Hope I've helped.

                 -Kodae

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited