Re: Happy Holidays, Old Friends!!!!

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from "Joseph Riggs" <josephriggs@lycos.com>
subject Re: Happy Holidays, Old Friends!!!!
date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 15:35:28 -0800

--

On Thu, 03 Jan 2002 13:32:52
 Kuuta Kutani wrote:

>Joseph Riggs wrote:
>
>> Second is that the predators in the single player campaign are TOUGH.  It
>> took me forever to kill the one in the alien campaign (the worst part is
that

>> you have to stay close enough that he won't switch to his plasma caster, and
>> far enough away that he can't hit you with his spear - very little margin
for

>> error).  In the marine campaign, I unloaded over 750 rounds from a smartgun
>> into one (they all hit) and still didn't take it down.  I eventually (after
>> reloading a few times) took it down with three or four direct hits from a
>> rocket launcher (there was a head and two or three limbs left when I was
>> done...).  And that was at the normal difficulty level.  I'd hate to think
>> what hard is like.  I understand the patch might make things a little
easier,

>> though.
>
>Hrm.  Try AP rounds with your pistol, if you have any.  They are... very
>effective against those assault preds.  Me, i had been picking away at it
>as it was chasing me on the rooftops, so when it landed I just went mad with
>my Smartgun.  didn't have too much problem. *shrugs*
>And they're Supposed to be hard to kill.  ^_^

Hard to kill, yes...
Multiple rounds from the missile launcher (actually, the same number of hits
it took to take out that military loader thingy in the cargo bay), um,
well...

And as I mentioned, I unloaded over 700 smart gun rounds into the stupid
thing when it landed (on a different play through then when I tagged it with
the missiles).

That predator must have some pretty tough armor.
On the plus side, its not too difficult to spot them if they're using the
plasma caster, even while cloaked.  Invisible one shot kill seeking ranged
attacks with splash damage would be bad.

>> "beep"
>> Marine motion sensor, AvP
>
>Nyo-ho-ho.  Marine mission has me up late nights Sooo scared.  Hehe,
>I love games like this.  Alien is fun, too.  Predator was too easy, IMO.

Heh heh.  Since a person generally plays the single-player game for the fear
induced adrenaline rush, the marine is definitely the way to go.  But yeah,
the alien is pretty good, too.  And the whole 'raise your alien' thing is
nifty, although it took me a little while to figure out I was actually
supposed to burst out of the guy's chest.  That was embaressing.

Now I just wish I had a net connection on my AvP2 machine, so I could play a
life-cycle game on-line.

junior

--
Click here for your very own create-a-date adventure from MatchMaker
Go to http://ecard.matchmaker.com/dating.html

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited