Re: Some Questions About the OAV Timeline *sigh*

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gd_himes@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Some Questions About the OAV Timeline *sigh*
date Thu, 3 Jan 2002 13:06:03 -0800 (PST)
--- SC <sic2@earthlink.net> wrote:

> --------------6455B687A9F3B9B6CF843014
>
> Greetings and Happy New Year!
>
> Now, onto the questions!  One Jurai year = how many Earth years?
> Someone told me the answer to this a long time ago but I think I've
> misunderstood something along the way.  I was under the impression
> that
> 1 Jurai year was = to 2.5 Earth years or do I have that backward?

That conversion is for a Galactic Standard Year.  Unless it is in one
of the CD-Dramas or the True Tenchi Novels, the conversion for a Jurai
Year and a Earth Year has not been mentioned.
The number of "hours" in a Jurai day was mentioned somewhere, and the
amount of Water to Land Mass on Jurai was listed somewhere in the
"101."

If you're planning on a fic or something, if the characters are on
Earth, just use Terran terms, it would be weird and rude to use
non-Terran terms when dealing with Terrans on Terra.
If you plan on dealing with it on Jurai, you can avoid, sidestep, or
just leave the comparison reference open ("It's been 20 years" doesn't
tell you whether or not it's been Jurai or Earth terms).

====

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited