Re: Some Questions About the OAV Timeline *sigh*

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gd_himes@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Some Questions About the OAV Timeline *sigh*
date Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:50:25 -0800 (PST)
--- Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Ken Arromdee wrote:
>
> > The whole Galactic Standard year thing was an excuse to explain
> away a
> > mistake they made, where Ryouko said she had been imprisoned for
> 2000 years
> > yet Washuu was stuck for 5000 years.  Supposedly all the other ages
> in the
> > show are Galactic Standard Years, but it would be pretty silly to
> assume
> that,

Actually, no.  Most of the chronological terms used in the show are in
Earth Standard years.

> > for instance, Aeka is age 50 and Sasami is 20.  You're probably
> better off
> > just forgetting about Galactic Standard years except for that one
> time.

I think you better double check your math.  In GSY Aeka is about 6.8
and Sasami is closer to 4.

Whatever the excuse (and I believe you were correct at that part) for
the GSY, it still makes sense to have a universal measurement of time.

> One timespan that is pretty certain to be in Earth years is the 700
> years that Ryouko was imprisoned, because it's part of an Earth
> legend.

Also it is highly unlikely that Katsuhito would give Tenchi timespans
in an intergalactic scale, before even letting him know that he is
actually non-terran stock.  (Remember, Katsuhito/Yosho relayed the tale
of the Demon to Tenchi over a dozen years, starting at a very early age).

====

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited