Re: Happy Holidays, Old Friends!!!!

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Kuuta Kutani <kutani@larimarcreative.com>
subject Re: Happy Holidays, Old Friends!!!!
date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 13:32:52 -0600

Joseph Riggs wrote:

> Actually, I'm a pretty poor FPS player against real people.  Always have
> been.  Can't seem to keep my hand steady enough to aim properly.

I'm hideously out of practice, multi-player.  Single, i'm still as good as
ever.

> But my forte is space combat sims (and there is a definite shortage of those
> these days...).

Mm, X-wing Alliance.  Mm, so good. *been playing X-Wing since 4th grade,
hasn't met anyone better yet, not that he's played that many people*

> As for AvP2...

>  The first is that with the exception of head shots, the body damage doesn't
> seem to be reflected on the models.  In the first game, you could blow the

*snip*

Eh.

> Second is that the predators in the single player campaign are TOUGH.  It
> took me forever to kill the one in the alien campaign (the worst part is that
> you have to stay close enough that he won't switch to his plasma caster, and
> far enough away that he can't hit you with his spear - very little margin for
> error).  In the marine campaign, I unloaded over 750 rounds from a smartgun
> into one (they all hit) and still didn't take it down.  I eventually (after
> reloading a few times) took it down with three or four direct hits from a
> rocket launcher (there was a head and two or three limbs left when I was
> done...).  And that was at the normal difficulty level.  I'd hate to think
> what hard is like.  I understand the patch might make things a little easier,
> though.

Hrm.  Try AP rounds with your pistol, if you have any.  They are... very
effective against those assault preds.  Me, i had been picking away at it
as it was chasing me on the rooftops, so when it landed I just went mad with
my Smartgun.  didn't have too much problem. *shrugs*
And they're Supposed to be hard to kill.  ^_^

> "beep"
> Marine motion sensor, AvP

Nyo-ho-ho.  Marine mission has me up late nights Sooo scared.  Hehe,
I love games like this.  Alien is fun, too.  Predator was too easy, IMO.

-K.T>K
--
Member of #WASHU#. White Knight of KOME.
Member of #SAS#, the Sasami Appreciation Society.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs