Re: Happy Holidays, Old Friends!!!!

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from "Joseph Riggs" <josephriggs@lycos.com>
subject Re: Happy Holidays, Old Friends!!!!
date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 10:57:05 -0800

--

On Wed, 02 Jan 2002 20:47:40
 ^_^x Kenshin-dono wrote:
>At 11:59 AM 12/31/2001 -0800, Joseph Riggs wrote:
>>KD should be around.  I suspect his recent silence has something to do with
>>the Holidays.  Also, Simeon's recent comments regarding KD's opinion on the
>>new Kenshin OVA suggest that we'll once again be hearing some choice language
>>when KD pops up again.
>
>holidays + EQ only a quick comment on it, man you guys have no idea how
>disapointing that was for me  =( *sniff* im too depressed when i think
>about it to even bother getting that pissed

I, on the other hand, haven't been able to spend as much time playing EQ as I
would like.  Only one net connection where I'm currently staying, and I
rarely get to use it.

>>New CPU, motherboard, and half a gig of memory on my PC.  Makes the new copy
>>of Aliens vs. Predator 2 run oh so nice...
>>
>>Saturday night, my little brother was having trouble as a marine with one
>>particular stretch of corridor while my dad and I watched.
>>
>>Brother - 'How do they keep getting behind me? (he 'cleared' a section of
>>corridor, advanced down it, and repeatedly got attacked by new aliens that
>>ran up behind him)'
>>
>>Dad - 'You haven't seen the movie, have you?'
>>
>>heh heh
>
>HAH! man i shoulda gotten that game, intened too then my god damn friends
>got me back into EQ, i can feel my FPS skillz rotting away =(

Balance, grasshopper, balance...

heh heh

Actually, I'm a pretty poor FPS player against real people.  Always have
been.  Can't seem to keep my hand steady enough to aim properly.

*grumble*
Fortunately, that never seems to stop me from making my way through the
single player maps every fps game comes with.

But my forte is space combat sims (and there is a definite shortage of those
these days...).

As for AvP2...
Definite adrenaline rush.  Nothing quite like it, except maybe the first
game.  Just a couple of complaints, though.

 The first is that with the exception of head shots, the body damage doesn't
seem to be reflected on the models.  In the first game, you could blow the
legs off of a xenomorph, and have it keep crawling toward you with its hands.
 In the second game, you can still cripple it, and it'll still crawl, but the
legs never disappear.  As a result, the xenomorphs in the first game were a
lot freakier.

Second is that the predators in the single player campaign are TOUGH.  It
took me forever to kill the one in the alien campaign (the worst part is that
you have to stay close enough that he won't switch to his plasma caster, and
far enough away that he can't hit you with his spear - very little margin for
error).  In the marine campaign, I unloaded over 750 rounds from a smartgun
into one (they all hit) and still didn't take it down.  I eventually (after
reloading a few times) took it down with three or four direct hits from a
rocket launcher (there was a head and two or three limbs left when I was
done...).  And that was at the normal difficulty level.  I'd hate to think
what hard is like.  I understand the patch might make things a little easier,
though.

Overall, though, the game is great.

junior

"beep"

Marine motion sensor, AvP

--
Click here for your very own create-a-date adventure from MatchMaker
Go to http://ecard.matchmaker.com/dating.html

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited