Re: (ot) Lain AMV

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: (ot) Lain AMV
date Sat, 03 Nov 2001 22:44:55 -0800
Kuuta Kutani wrote:

> RadHaz wrote:
>
> > Gah! 35 megs! Gah ! DiVX!
> > I'll download it Monday at work, on the T1. (^^)
>
> > Gah! I have a Mac!

I converted it to an MPEG-1 file, and it seems to work OK
on my computer (and it went down to about 23.5 MB in the
process):
http://kagato.com:8080/public/y2001/m11/d03/Project_Kutani-Iwakura_Lain_v2_mpg
Took me longer than usual to do because you've moved up to
an MPEG-4 DivX codec; I had to look that up to even be able to
get my utilities to recognize the file. Found the codec fix at
http://www.autobanners.net/codec/codecs.html

> hehe.  if i could put it into MPEG myself, I would.  I have no such
> capabilities, however... -_-
> it's all AVI for me.

Download Tsunami MPEG Encoder. If you have a hard time remembering
it, go here:
http://kagato.com:8080/public/y2001/m10/d13/video_programs_html

Now, I don't doubt that the MPEG-1 stuff I'm getting out of that
is lower quality than what you're aiming for (thus the smaller
file sizes), but as far as things you show off to other folks on
the net, small and compatible is good (and something you have to
download and install a codec for ain't very compatible).

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited