Re: (ot) Lain AMV

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: (ot) Lain AMV
date Sat, 03 Nov 2001 20:39:23 -0800
Gregory Himes wrote:

> --- RadHaz <radhaz@redshift.com> wrote:
>
> > P.S. to myself. I have to DL the DiVX codex for QuickTime.
>
> I very desperately need to get my hands on that.  If someone has
> finally made that available for Quicktime, could you post the link to
> it?
> Hopefully it is less than 1.4 MB, so I can take it from the library,
> where my only current access is.

The main links I find for DivX and Quicktime end up pointing to the
same place; here's one page with summary info:
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divxcodec_mac.html

They list the codec as not done yet, but nevertheless "very very good"
(which wouldn't be bad for 158 KB). I haven't tried it yet.

If Quicktime isn't important (ie you just want to view the file),
it looks like there's a video player for Macs that can handle
Divx: http://w1.463.telia.com/~u46307158/macfaq/index.html#2

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list