Re: (OT) My baka computer (Long)

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from "Dr. Briefs" <glenn@capcorphq.com>
subject Re: (OT) My baka computer (Long)
date Sat, 03 Nov 2001 02:12:21 -0800
At 04:53 AM 11/3/2001 -0500, Otaku4urd@aol.com wrote:
>If it comes down to this procedure, I believe I can do all of the above
>except for "fdisk the DOS partition". I have no idea what that is or how it's
>done.

It's quite simple.  Create a Win98 Startup Disk.  Use that disk to boot up
your system--you'll end up in the command prompt.  Since you'll be running
fdisk, choose no CD support, as you'll have to reboot again after the
procedure.

Once your system has finished booting, type FDISK and press enter.  You'll
see a menu with instructions.  What you'll want to do here, if you're sure
about repartitioning your HD, is to first delete your existing primary DOS
partition, and probably any other partitions (but that's up to you).  Once
that's done, create a new partition, and exit FDISK.

Reboot your computer, using the startup disk again (at this point, you
won't be able to boot from your HD, anyway).

Format your C: drive.

Install your OS.

--
Glenn Wang <brief@earthlink.net>, http://www.capcorphq.com/
       Proud member of #SAS# and Co-Founder of #WASHU#

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs