Re: (OT) My baka computer (Long)

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Otaku4urd@aol.com
subject Re: (OT) My baka computer (Long)
date Sat, 3 Nov 2001 04:53:44 EST

In a message dated 11/2/01 5:46:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sseat@bellsouth.net writes:

> In order to have it work properly you may have to fdisk
> your DOS partition, reformat the HD, install Win 98, then install AOL
> again.  If it comes to this, make sure to back up anything that is
> not replaceable (documents, spreadsheets, personal financial information,

If it comes down to this procedure, I believe I can do all of the above
except for "fdisk the DOS partition". I have no idea what that is or how it's
done. In any event, I loathe to take this final step because there are a
number of (what I believe to be) high end CG programs on here. Even though I
don't need them now, they're a nifty collection to have handy "just in case".
I suppose if push comes to shove, I could somehow save the various works,
projects, film that's on here with the idea of reacquiring their associated
CG programs at a later date. There's a 24x CD burner on here which I've never
used (the door says 4.2.24x). Any guesses on how long it would take to copy
over about 3-4 gig of stuff?

Vic

Search field Search string

archive list