Re: Thoughts On Tenchi Universe.......

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Sasami-chan <b4506062@csie.ntu.edu.tw>
subject Re: Thoughts On Tenchi Universe.......
date Tue, 2 Oct 2001 11:25:06 +0800 (CST)

Hello everyone!

Alan Zabaro wrote:
> ^_^x Kenshin-dono wrote:
<snip>
> You're actually willing to cite Tenchi Forever for support, eh? Well,
> I guess that means you feel strongly enough about this that I won't
> get anywhere with this argument... ^_^
Heh. My thoughts exactly. ^_-

> > the plot wasn't quite so bad in and of itself as much as the idiotic routes
> > it took to fill them and the horrible villan of the week crap they pulled.
> > If the story had been told in a less moronic way i might have liked it.
Some of the Shin filler episodes are hilariously funny. Don't tell me
you didn't laugh when Mihoshi performed her fiery trick on Kiyone
and later on Ryoko's thugs! :) How about the time when MihoKiyo
were subjected to Ryoko's tasks of cruelty! :O Other funny episodes:
5, 11, 12, 14.

In contrast, I couldn't find a single episode in TU I considered funny.
Certainly not the Time Travel & Space Adventure episodes, certainly
not the Ryoko-Aeka fights, and certainly not the young Ryoko-young
Aeka flashbacks. In fact, the tone for TU was so serious, its
resemblence to OVA so frighteningly uncanny (character design, BGM, etc),
that I only enjoyed the show when it got serious - that is, by the end of
the series. The rest, almost everywhere else, I could have done without.

> I wonder if you'd like the
> show better if you did start 10-15 episodes in. You'd miss some
> things, but Shin isn't so complex that it would be hard to figure
> out what's going on.
I admit I didn't care for the first four episodes. But Shin is one of
those anime that grew on me. The more I watched, the more I like it. I
truly believe blames placed on Sakuya and Shin in general is mostly
unwarranted and unjustified. Imagine if people watched Shin first,
prior to OVA and TU. I am certain some would walk away harboring a
different opinion of the show.

CheerS!
Sasami-chan

Search field Search string