Re: Thoughts On Tenchi Universe.......

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Sasami-chan <b4506062@csie.ntu.edu.tw>
subject Re: Thoughts On Tenchi Universe.......
date Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:38:10 +0800 (CST)

Hello everyone!

I tried replying to Ed Cho's note yesterday, but my phone line was broken.
:)

At 03:29 PM 9/30/2001 -0700, Ed Cho wrote:
> >> Well, Sakuya DID come in later on during the phone call, but no, I
> don't think he was distracted at all before she came in, and he DID hear
> Ayeka clearly when she proclaimed her love( which occurred BEFORE that
> annoying tramp Sakuya came to Tenchi's apartment ). Then after Sakuya
> came in Tenchi kept Ayeka on hold for like forever and Ayeka had to sit
> like an idiot and  hear the two buttweeds flirting( not necessarily
> Tenchi's fault, but he's still a jerk ).
Tenchi was distracted by the kettle whose water had just gone beyond the
boiling point and was whistling like a runaway train.

If you want to talk about cruelty, how about the time when Tenchi went
on a date with Ryoko and didn't return Sakuya's call?

Besides, what's wrong with Tenchi being a jerk from time to time? He's
human after all. Shin Tenchi has his own desires, his wishes. There's no
reason to spellbound him to the OVA/TV images. And considering how
unintelligent the Shin Tenchi girls can get, it's no wonder he fell in
love with someone else outside the family circle.

Please, refrain from calling Sakuya an "annoying tramp". Just because
she beat Ryoko and others to the punchline doesn't make her a
tramp.

<Minor spoilers below>

She interrupted him because she was designed to.

Sakuya was created to break up the Tenchi family. Yet in the end she fell
in love with him. She was willing to sacrifice their love, her own
existence, and help him return to reality and rescue his family and
the world. How can anyone so self-sacrificing be called a tramp?

CheerS!
Sasami-chan

Search field Search string

archive list