Re: Tenchi at the Expo

to <tenchi@ml.usagi.org>
from "Sean Connolly" <kintaro@tularosa.net>
subject Re: Tenchi at the Expo
date Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:50:27 -0600
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Alan Zabaro" <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
> With the whole Pioneer/VAP thing, I'm not sure I wanna bet on an
> AX announcement by Pioneer (though I don't doubt they'll fight
> for Tenchi)...of course, I don't know how well Pioneer is getting
> along with AIC at the moment. Either way, I'm pretty sure there'll
> be some digi-subs pretty quickly...isn't Inu-Yasha currently being
> fansubbed with a turnaround time of about one week?

True...and doesn't Viz have the rights to this series?  Given that it's
Shogakukan (sp).

> Now if Pioneer *does* announce they have the new series...I bet
> they'll try to show what they have, whether it be in their
> panel, at their booth, or in the actual video rooms, even if it
> isn't translated. They showed Tenchi Forever when at least the
> subs weren't quite finished (and certain key lines not yet
> translated, I think...I seem to remember the subs going away
> for a critical minute or two), so I can imagine them showing
> raw footage if they have it.

True...true...

> And how exactly are you planning on abusing these credentials,
> Mr. Golden Boy?

However I can, I will do it.  Muhahaha!  Whatever is offered to us, I'll
take it!  ^_^  Interviews with kawaii voice actresses?  MUHAHAHA!!!

By AX, I'll be within driving distance of the con with my girlfriend/staff
member by my side.  It will rule.

Sean "Kintaro" Connolly
Anime Kakumei - www.animekakumei.com

Search field Search string