Re: Tenchi at the Expo

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: Tenchi at the Expo
date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 15:11:27 -0700
Sean Connolly wrote:
[...]
> > From: "Alan Zabaro" <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
>
> > Well, first of all, from what I understand Spring 2002 is supposed to
> > see GXP and the first episode of the 3rd OAV released in Japan. So if
> > they stick to that schedule, I'd say there's a chance of some new
> > Tenchi stuff airing at AX, probably fansubbed. Of course, digital
> > fansubs are likely to be available before then, and those who are
> > really interested in seeing the episodes ASAP will probably import
> > them from Japan...
>
> I doubt you'd see ANY fansubs of either Tenchi 3 or GXP considering there's
> no doubt some company will be announcing them there ( we'll assume Pioneer
> for now considering they know all about the news and details).  Unless they
> sponser the showing themselves.

With the whole Pioneer/VAP thing, I'm not sure I wanna bet on an
AX announcement by Pioneer (though I don't doubt they'll fight
for Tenchi)...of course, I don't know how well Pioneer is getting
along with AIC at the moment. Either way, I'm pretty sure there'll
be some digi-subs pretty quickly...isn't Inu-Yasha currently being
fansubbed with a turnaround time of about one week?

Now if Pioneer *does* announce they have the new series...I bet
they'll try to show what they have, whether it be in their
panel, at their booth, or in the actual video rooms, even if it
isn't translated. They showed Tenchi Forever when at least the
subs weren't quite finished (and certain key lines not yet
translated, I think...I seem to remember the subs going away
for a critical minute or two), so I can imagine them showing
raw footage if they have it.

> AX02 will rule it.  I will have my press creds this year dammit!

And how exactly are you planning on abusing these credentials,
Mr. Golden Boy?

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list