Re: AIC site updated

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: AIC site updated
date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 14:14:10 -0700
Ed Cho wrote:

> Jordan Derber wrote:Well, at any rate, I'm sure that Kajishima likes
> Kiyone
> >> He says she the best for Tenchi in his interview on the AIC site, so I
> guess he does.

That's a little out of context; Kajishima is commenting on how the
Tenchi movies all extend the TV series (his comment, not mine). Here's
the relevant passage:

T: That would be something if they allowed you to make that into a
movie!
(laugh) Normally, people ask for something special in a movie, such as
large-scale fighting or a romantic story.

K: That's true, people usually expect something big. But, basically, the
Tenchi
movies extend the Tenchi Muyo! TV series, right? My thoughts about the
TV
series are, they put Kiyone and Mihoshi together as a team, independent
of
the Tenchi family. At the same time, the TV version of Kiyone will never
care for
Tenchi. I don't quite agree with that particular TV version of Kiyone.
She has
the most "normal human" personality amongst the girls and I think she
and
Tenchi are the best match.

(from http://www.aicanime.com/interviews/kajishima0120012.html )

It seems to me that he's saying that, since Kiyone is basically a
normal person, he thinks the TV series misused her by keeping her
and Mihoshi separate from the rest of the Tenchi family when she's
the closest personality match for Tenchi. I don't think he's saying
that she's his favorite character (in any series), or that Kiyone
as seen in the TV series will exist in the 3rd OAV...

(In fact, as far as Kiyone being Kajishima's favorite character,
look at the next paragraph after what I quoted; he states that
the girls in the Tenchi OAV are all his ideal women...I think
that if Kiyone were really his favorite, he would've included
someone more like her in the original lineup).

Alan Zabaro

"Pillow fights and small-talk, I want to put those
 things in "Tenchi"...But, before that, I have to
 settle a battle between Goddesses in the former half
 of the 3rd OVA."
- Kajishima, from the interview

Search field Search string

archive list