Re: adult swim

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: adult swim
date Sun, 02 Sep 2001 23:26:55 -0700
Ed R Cho wrote:

> I thought Adult Swim was supposed to premiere tonight on CN @ 10 pm but
> when I checked at that time I saw some low budget crap that made even ST
> look like the OAV featuring some guy I think stars on Space Ghost. I then
> turned to the TV listings( which go up till 11:30 ) and didn't see either
> the words "Adult Swim" or "Cowboy bebop" anywhere. Does CB start on
> midnight(waaaaaaaaaaaay past my bedtime) or did I miss it?

What you were seeing was probably "Home Movies", a series that bears a
strong resemblance to "Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist"; it's the first
show in the Adult Swim block. The next show (2 15-minute episodes)
is the Brak Show, followed by 15 minutes of Harvey Birdman, Attorney
at Law. Then 15 minutes of Sealab 2021 (just ended). Then Space
Ghost: Coast to Coast from 11:30 until midnight, followed by Bebop
until 1 AM. If you'd watched until a commercial break, you'd have
seen Adult Swim program announcments (just like you see Toonami
announcements during Toonami, even though the time block as a whole
isn't in the TV listings as Toonami, but as the individual series
being shown).

FWIW, Adult Swim is looking fairly promising so far on language...
"Screw you, porkchop!" is the line that stood out to me, though
there were a few others. Dr. Quest and Race Bannon...well, we
always suspected. Sealab was notable to me not so much for the
fact that the plot was about a woman trying to get laid, as it
was for the overtly stupid racism of one character. We'll see...
(though we won't really know the whole story until episode 5).

Hey, looks like Space Ghost has Bjork on tonight...

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited