Re: virus?

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: virus?
date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 17:17:46 -0700
Kenshin-dono wrote:

> can someone please repost that link to the thing that
> scans your HD for that virus? my system has been
> constantly crashing today, literaly every 5 minutes
> its freaking the hell out of me

CuSO4 posted this link, for an evaluation copy of
Mcafee Anti-virus:
http://download.mcafee.com/eval/evaluate2.asp

Don't know if that's the one you were looking for.
However, I don't remember hearing anything about the
virus crashing the computers regularly; IME, the
only time that happened to me was when I was having
hardware problems (2nd memory slot on my motherboard
was bad, and if any memory was there, as soon as the
computer tried to get to it - or at least to certain
parts of the memory stick there - instant blue
screen). If your computer is totally hanging or
restarting, especially spontaneously, I'd tend to
suspect device drivers...

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list