Re: Mac translators (was Re: Tenchi-Web)

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gd_himes@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Mac translators (was Re: Tenchi-Web)
date Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:29:15 -0700 (PDT)
--- Eugene Lee <ryoohki@anime.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 03:33:00PM -0700, Gregory Himes wrote:

> : I wrote a really nice parsing algorithm for an adventure game
> engine
> : almost 20 years ago, and it was a nightmare... and all I had to
> deal
> : with was English and simple sentence structures.
>
>     Are you sure you didn't work for InfoCom?  ^_^

Actually we were trying to best Infocoms recognition system.  We failed
on a lot of fronts, but we could boast easily that our parser had a
20,000 word capacity, and worked faster than their's without disk
access.
Unfortunately the logic couldn't transfer from game to game, because
wording was too different between the two games it was eventually
ported to -- I'm not even certain the second game made it to commercial
status...

====
My Site -- http://MasakiRyoko.homestead.com/index.html
A heads' up.  My site will be moving before October...
Zero Tolerance (The Washu Pass Along Fan-Fiction (updated):
   http://MasakiWashu.homestead.com/Files/PassAlong.doc (or .pdf)
LMV -- http://MasakiWashu.homestead.com/Files/LMV.doc

Search field Search string

archive list