Re: Azaka/Kamidake "Log" Vid!

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Kuuta Kutani <kutani@larimarcreative.com>
subject Re: Azaka/Kamidake "Log" Vid!
date Sun, 01 Jul 2001 16:12:39 -0500

Kathleen wrote:
> Kuuta Kutani wrote:
> > well well well, it's done.
> > only took about 3 1/2, maybe 4 hours, all told.
> > rendering wasn't so bad. uploading to my server was a bitch. ^_^
> > 2 1/2 hours...  i gotta get better than a modem...

> OMG! That is fantastic, Kuuta-san!!!!! I can't believe what a great job you
> did!
>
> Since only my husband and I are awake I showed it to him and he was VERY
> impressed and watched it with a huge smile. I watched it five times, and
> I can't believe how well it all goes together.

part was intentional, a big part was luck. ^_^

> Only Aeka could have any criticism. ;-)

she's too still, (i had my DVD on pause so i could get that shot for as
long as i needed) gotta fix that... doesn't fit.

> I wish I could do that stuff. I have wanted for years to do one of Mulder
> and Scully, using the certain moments through the series and putting it to
> "Alchemy Of Love"....which I think is the perfect song for them, the lyrics
> sound as if they were written about those characters and I never hear it
> without thinking of them.
> But alas, I don't have a clue how you do that! And the lip sync is even more
> of a mystery to me! How do you do that part?

it's all a lot easier than you'd imagine.  all you need is the proper
tools.  i just have a dinky little capture card (Pinnacle PCTV) and a
nice editing program a friend gave to me. (Sonic Foundry Vegas Video)

lip syncing can be done two ways.  one is just moving the particular
shot around until it matches the sound.  the other is a little easier.

in most professional editing packages, the sound and video tracks are
displayed parallel to each other.  all you have to do is look at
the sound wave, see where the voice is you want to sync to, then move
the video to match it.  quite simple.

> Kath (so proud!)

*slight blush*
i dunna deserve that. it's not as good as it can be.

btw, i only captured from three episodes to make that entire thing.
OVA2 and 6 almost had more A+K than i could use, and then there's
the comercial break and end to TV T+S 1 (ep.11)

didn't someone way that there isn't much footage of them?  ^_^
heh.

my favorite part, i think, is at the end with Ryouko being
"tortured."

"You're gonna love it, Log!"  hehe.

-K.T.K, getting breakfast...  at 4 PM...
--
Member of #WASHU#. White Knight of KOME.
Member of #SAS#, the Sasami Appreciation Society.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs