Re: Ryo-Ohki Back Pack Question

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Kathleen <rocket98@gte.net>
subject Re: Ryo-Ohki Back Pack Question
date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 10:24:12 -0700

Gregory Himes wrote:

> --- Kathleen <rocket98@gte.net> wrote:
> > Ok...who has one? And how much did you pay for it, if you don't mind
> > me
> > asking.
>
> They should be selling for about $23-25 retail.  They used to sell
> about $30.00 over ebay (start at $19.99, but always go up).
>
> I got mine at a convention for $20, as I also got a couple of stuffed
> Ryo's and Ken's.  They should also run the same price.

My daughter got me a Ken-ohki at Suncoast for Mother's Day. ;-)
It was $20, which I thought was not too bad.

> The official versions are all put out by Animaxis (a China based
> manugacturer IIRC).  If they do not have an Animaxis tag, they ARE a
> cheap knockoff -- which is what I expect, as wholesale prices should
> really be more like $9.50 to $10 each.
> However, with the recent popularity of TM! and the amount of the toys
> just being sold over ebay, it might actually be real (price drops due to
> massive volume).

Yeah, I just put in a call but the salesman was not in.
I would be very surprised that someone knocked off this item, so I am
thinking that it is just an overstock situation or perhaps they are
'irregulars'. Since the company is clearly catering to the Latino
community, this might be a good place to hide your mistakes...
I would be pretty horrified to see Ryo-ohki at Pic and Save or Tuesday
Morning (our local catalog overstock store).

> If you can actually check with the company who distributes the product
> catalog, ask them who the manufacturer is...

Yes, that will be my first question and to find out if they are first
quality.

> I could go for one or two more Ryo's, Ken's, or a couple-of Mogwai...
> ^_^

LOL!
The Mowgli's (have the catalog handy, it is a bunch of black and white
xerox pages stapled together) look adorable. They are a finger puppet, a
hand puppet, a coin purse and a windup toy.

Wow...he called me back as I was writing this.
They are a sister company to Animaxis (Animatrix?) and these are summer
promotional prices. (Yes, the sales rep is a Japanese-American, but fourth
gen American, knows not a single word of Japanese, nor has no clue that
Ryo-ohki isn't just a bunny. . So that isn't the tie in to the anime
products! LOL!)  They are first quality and the real thing.

Hmmm...I wonder if Kuuta knows about this.

Kath

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited