Re: [OT] Phone strap

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Kathleen <rocket98@gte.net>
subject Re: [OT] Phone strap
date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:45:41 -0700

Gregory Himes wrote:

> --- Kathleen <rocket98@gte.net> wrote:
> [things about futon covers, special towels, cell-phone wrist straps...]
>
> A place like, Bed,Bath&Beyond could really make a killing with that
> (they certainly used to import a lot of crap from China...) type of
> stuff. But I found that they have no interest in changing ANY of their
> stock.   So some idiot at corporate makes all the decisions, and the
> stores are not allowed to change that (that was about 8 years ago -- it
> could have changed).
> But I tried to get some popular items carried/ordered back then, and it
> was impossible. (Does that company still exist?)

I don't know if it does. We had one here, but it is gone now. The big one
around here is Linens and Things, they do have a ton of stuff and not all
of it is particularly in the bed and bath are alone.  They carry a lot of
trendy type things, like sound machines and table top fountains, plus
trash cans, cleaning products...etc.
They would be perfect for selling that type of stuff, but they don't.

Hey, On TOPIC!
I just realized that they towels I am talking about are like the ones that
Sasami and Aeka wear in the onsen scenes. Basically, they have an elastic
top, and snap on the sides, but are totally functional as a towel.
I loved them, and could easily see them being a hit here in So. Cal. for
the beach or poolside, for adult as well as kids. The kids ones, of course,
come with animal prints that are too cute....

Kath

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited