Re: [OT] Phone strap

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Kathleen <rocket98@gte.net>
subject Re: [OT] Phone strap
date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 07:10:08 -0700

Kim Justice wrote:

> I think I've found another cultural difference between the US and
> everywhere else.
>
> Then I do a few Google, Yahoo, and AltaVista searches and I find tons and
> tons of cell phone wrist straps. They are all for sale by companies located
> in Japan, Taiwan, and Singapore! And not just plain nylon straps
> -- there is a dazzling array of character, idol, and lifestyle designs.
> Apparently, outside the US phone straps are quite the fashion accessory.

Here is another thing that is just so sensible, yet we don't have it at all!
Futon Sheets.
In Japan, they have sets of sheets for futons, made out of cotton like normal
sheets, but that go all around the futon and zip up. They can be very cheap
and have all sorts of characters and designs. I looked for them here for
years, not imagining that we just don't have such a thing!
But, you can't hardly even find them on Ebay.
If someone uses a Futon as a bed (like my kid), then when they sleep on the
cover, it is basically the same as sleeping on a couch, you can't really wash
it. So it seems like an untapped market here!

And another thing, they have great towels for kids in Japan that they can
wear like a robe over a bathing suit. With a snap and elastic to fasten the
towel on to you. I know that they would sell here.

Strange....I keep wondering if there is some way to import this kind of stuff
and actually be able to make any money. But with the high shipping cost, even
by boat...I don' think so.

Kath

Search field Search string

archive list