Re: Tenchi The Movie 2?

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gd_himes@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Tenchi The Movie 2?
date Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:58:14 -0700 (PDT)
--- Joseph Riggs <josephriggs@lycos.com> wrote:

> As for the Audio Dramas, a good number of us here
> 1.)  Don't have access to them, and
> 2.)  Couldn't understand them if we did.
> Add to that the fact that there isn't an easily available translation
> of them
> that's available (for good reason), or even a plot summary of them,

I have both, all of the CDs, and a translation of them.  However, I had
to prove I had the CDs and swear I would not pass them around.  This is
a limitation put on me by the translator.  And if you know my POV on
piracy, you can save keystrokes by not asking me to break that
agreement.

> and I
> think its a bit much to be complaining about people's use of the
> presence of
> Kiyone as one of the reasons why the movie doesn't fit properly.

Just because somebody doesn't have access doesn't mean it doesn't
exist.  As far as the movie vs. Kiyone is concerned, the day after
OVA13 occured, Kiyone could have come to Earth (I doubt it, but...).

However, my complaint is that most people just say, well it's Kiyone,
and leave it at that, and decide that she's TV only, blindly ignoring
proof otherwise.  However, that bit of reasoning is so full of holes
you could pilot Tsunami through it.
Various other things like the discrepancies relating to Katsuhito/Yosho
and Sasami, are a much better basis for pointing out that it really is
more of a Tenchiverse all of it's own.

====
My Site -- http://MasakiRyoko.homestead.com/index.html
Only little fixes and minor upgrades at the moment...
Member of TMML, RFFC, and #WASHU#, White Knight of KOME
and a Water Tiger (Wet and Wild? You bet!)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs