Re: Big O

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: Big O
date Sun, 01 Apr 2001 19:07:23 -0700
Karl R Olson wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Apr 2001 17:21:14 -0700 Ryo-Ohki <ryo-ohk1@home.com> writes:
> > At 05:09 PM 4/1/01 -0700, you wrote:
> > >Looks like Big O premiers on Toonami tomorrow. Time slots seem to
> > >be 5:30 and 12:30 (after midnight DBZ). Trailers at
> > >http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/download/bigo.html look kind of neat;
> > >like a post-Evangelion Giant Robo.
> > >
> > >Oh! Macross on Showtime Beyond:
> > >http://www.animeontv.com/myStations.php3
> > >
> > >Alan Zabaro
> >
> > Big O doesnt look bad I may have to check that out!
>
> I agree. It's looks pretty cool. Mechsuits with a MIB sense of style and
> interesting premise. Anyone know which studio is behind and/or who
> directed it.

Sunrise is behind it (apparently, they also did some of the last
season of Batman:TAS, which is why Toonami played on their "good
guys wear black" ad campaign for Batman in the Big O ads...).
Don't know about director. There's an info page on it here:
http://www.animejump.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?go=features/big-o/big-o

> BTW, has anyone heard about this thing on the toonami online site called
> Reactor? It looks like they are going to start running episodes of DBZ
> and Star Blazers online (they already have some DBZ up). Also, in a
> survey part of Reactor, it would appear that they are looking into
> running series like Voltron, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop
> online in the future, which would be cool if it were unedited or very
> lightly edited (CGI to cover up nudity).

Heard about it today, and tried it out. Uses Windows Media Player at
the moment. Looks kinda promising, though the DBZ episodes they're
testing it with are the ones right after the most recent batch of
VAs started (IOW, when they were the worst at playing those characters).
http://www.CartoonNetwork.com/TOONAMI/reactor/index.html

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list