Re: is this kanji right?

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Luriko-Ysabeth <iac@umich.edu>
subject Re: is this kanji right?
date Fri, 2 Feb 2001 12:53:15 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Sasami-chan wrote:

> Sasami-chan wrote:
> > The two characters on the lower half are used to
> > denote the date and the hour on which
> > Kenshin-dono was born. In this case, "yi wei"
> > indicates that he was born on a "yi" day, and in
> > between 13:00 ~ 15:00. Specifically, "yi" is
> > the ten Heavenly Stem and "wei" is the eighth
> > of the twelve Earthly Branches. (Did Kenshin-
> > dono told you his birthday? ^_-)
> Again, Sasami-chan made a mistake. *^^* Better
> step in and pull the buzzard out of the sky
> before somebody else does. ^_-
>
> "Yi wei" points to a specific day.

Actually, in this case, "yi wei" is Luriko-Ysabeth's birth year -- there
are over two hundred computers in the Angell Hall computing site, and only
three of them have scanners. I couldn't get at the graphics programs to
crop the me-stuff off, and I didn't want to wait in line to re-scan the
paper. ^_^

> You can find more information on the
> Heavenly Stem and Earthly Branch here:
> http://www.chineseastrologyonline.com/StemBranch.htm
> There is a pretty cool Chinese Fortune-Telling Calendar
> system there, I recommend everyone to give it a try.

Thank you!

I've been working from a book on "Astrology in the I Ching" I pulled out
of the stacks... hmm, I'll have to figure out what day the seventeenth of
July would be.

Sincerely,
Luriko-Ysabeth, hon otaku | member in good standing of #WEIRD# | GDI
Kendappa Clan | Sosai/Pooh-Bah for life of the Washuu-sensei Rules club
GSI of Washuu-Skuldism | member of too many organizations to list here
"As a busy author, I've hardly slept in three days, so forgive me if I act
a little strange."	--Nanohara Sei, *Juubei-chan*
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~iac/weird.html   (or ~iac/me.html)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited