Re: (OT) Kinda bad news for YuYu Hakusho fans

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: (OT) Kinda bad news for YuYu Hakusho fans
date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 10:21:35 -0800
Timothy Weaver wrote:

> --- Karl R Olson <karlrolson@juno.com> wrote:
>
> > There have been rumors about CN picking up PS as
> > well. I seem to recall a
> > e-mail some bounced from one of the PS lists to this
> > ML that claimed that
> > CN was going to start running PS on March 15.
>
> I was the one that posted that rumor from the other
> mailing list.  I have not heard anything else on the
> subject since then.  I've also heard rumors about
> other  anime shows primering on CN.

Pretty Sammy? I hadn't heard that one before now. The
only show I'd heard was going to premiere in March
was Mobile Suit Gundam. The rumors have CN getting
the rights to all of Gundam and planning to air it
starting around the 1 year anniversary of Gundam
Wing's debut.

BTW, I presume the rumor you heard covers CN licensing
PSTV? I don't see a 3 episode OAV being picked up...
Actually, I'd be surprised if CN were to pick up a
relatively unproven series like PS (especially since
"parody of magical girl series" doesn't fit into the
mostly-action series orientation of Toonami) when
they could pick up traditionally popular Tenchi material
like TMiL. Also, has PSTV even been dubbed yet?

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited