Re: Stupid Tenchi questions

to <tenchi@ml.usagi.org>
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <cuso4@cuso4.com>
subject Re: Stupid Tenchi questions
date Thu, 1 Feb 2001 12:43:58 +0800
> From: <MoiraRose@aol.com>
> Does Kajishima's mention (in the interview on AIC's site) of True Tenchi
> novel characters showing up in the third OVA (Seto, right?) mean that
these > novels can now be considered canon?

There is no mentioning of TTM being incorporated in 3rd OVA
in the interview.

There is no mentioning of Seto showing up in 3rd OVA.  Seto
would show up in another anime series "Galay Police".

> If yes, does that mean Tenchi's mom's name is Kiyone now?
> This would mean that the Hasegawa novels aren't canon, right?

See above.

> Am I correct in assuming that the Tenchi comics can't be considered canon
> because they don't cover the events of the second OVA?

I do not think anyone would seriously considering the manga
to be "OVA canon".

> Were the three Tenchi movies written to specifically belong to certain
> continuities? (i.e. OVA and TV)

TMiL and TMiL2 are definitely TV.

Too many arguements on MNE.  Please refer to the ML archives
at http://www.win.ne.jp/~doi/ML

> We're each of the movies publicly promoted as belonging to those
respective > continuities? Even (despite plotholes) Manatsu no Eve?

See above.

> I know someone who insists vehemently that none of the Tenchi movies are
set
> in any of the previously established continuities, that they're all just
> based on mixing aspects of the OVA and TV series together. Is this true?

There is no evidence contradicting this claim.  However,
it is generally believed that TMiL and TMiL2 are of TV
continuity.

> If Makibi Kiyone arrives in the third OVA, would MnE be canon then? Or are
> there too many other plotholes to consider?

"If".  Let's wait and see.  IMHO, MNE is not OVA canon.

> Why does Tenchi refer to his mom as "Grandma" (OVA episode 5's flashback)
in
> the dub? That doesn't make sense at all!

Incorrect translation.  Please refer to ML archives.

> Are the Soundfile and "Here Comes Jurai Part 2" available anywhere?

OVA Box Set and individual OVA DVD.

> What's Mihoshi's grandfather's full name and rank?

I do not think anyone know.

> Is Seto Washuu's daughter, Naja's daughter, or Naja herself? I've heard so
> many conflicting rumors! I'm confused as to how she could possibly be
> Washuu's daughter, as it was Naja and not Washuu that went missing on the
> planet where Seto was found.

I do not think she is Washu's daughter.  There is no
evidence to prove if Seto is Naja's daughter.  IMHO,
Seto <> Naja.

> Can anybody give me some detail as to how Kagato is Naja's clone? Did she
> make him using her DNA? Did he steal her form?

No direct mentioning of the cloning process is found yet.

> What is the law considering Asuza's wives? Is it that one must be Juraian
> while the other can be from off-planet? (Does Aeka say something to this
> effect in the sub of OVA ep 5 while bawling at Yousho?)

I do not know if it is a "law" or just a "custom".

> Why doesn't that two-timing Yousho do right by Aeka? He's single now.

Why should he ?

> Why does Pioneer spell it "Ayeka" anyway? That doesn't look at all like a
> proper romanization by any method.

Ask Pioneer USA.

> Why does Second Generation Ryououki seem to be part rabbit when the only
> organic beings she's merged with so far are Chibi and the Mass?

Ask Washu.  ^_^

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.com, cuso4@manbow.com, chyung@hknet.com, cuso4@cuso4.org