Re: is this kanji right?

to <tenchi@ML.usagi.org>
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <tenchi@cuso4.org>
subject Re: is this kanji right?
date Thu, 1 Feb 2001 12:29:46 +0800
> From: "Sasami-chan" <b4506062@csie.ntu.edu.tw>
> ^_^x Kenshin-dono wrote:
> > i think its just metal in general. Its my Chinese callender sign ^_^x i
> > think it sounds cool so i was gona get it on a tag
> Then try this one instead:
>
> http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~b4506062/goldmonkey.gif
>
> It sounds better (being gold and all ;) and, correct me
> if I am wrong, "gold" is often the word used for
> representing the metal in the elements. I am also
> almost 100% certain "gold" is identical in Japanese
> and Chinese. Comment, Dr. Briefs, CuSO4?

These should be the correct characters.  The character "Gold"
in Chinese can mean Gold, or can be the short form of Metal.
In this case, Kenshin-dono is referring to one of the five
elements : Metal, Wood, Water, Fire, Earth.  So the character
needed is indeed "Gold".

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.com, cuso4@manbow.com, chyung@hknet.com, cuso4@cuso4.org