Re: Bounty hunters?

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gd_himes@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Bounty hunters?
date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:32:00 -0800 (PST)
--- Kim Justice <kj@filmhouse.com> wrote:
> I wonder what it is about the bounty hunter that so appeals to
> Japanese
> animators. I mean, I've not seen that many titles but it seems like
> every
> other series out there features major characters who are bounty
> hunters.
> kj

Well, other than the fact it allows the characters to usually have a
lot more freedom and ability to be chaotic, than another police
officer.
In US Television, one would think that almost 50% of the population
were cops, and 99% were incorruptible...
And one couldn't be farther than the truth.

It also allows them to have a very interesting criminal population
which the characters would constantly be in conflict with.

====
My Site -- http://MasakiRyoko.homestead.com/index.html
Pardon the Chaos!  Homestead has been deleting directories
& I have 1200 files to upload via Sketchbooks and Software

Member of TMML, RFFC, and #WASHU#, White Knight of KOME
and a Water Tiger

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited