Re: Back from Otaku boot camp (Japan)

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Jordan Derber <jsdst5+@pitt.edu>
subject Re: Back from Otaku boot camp (Japan)
date Mon, 01 Jan 2001 19:34:21 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001 IronQQQ/=?iso-8859-1?Q?=C5=B4=BF=CDQQQ?=/@top.win.ne.jp wrote:

> the PS TV Ld's are absolutely gorgeous.  Pioneer Entertainment USA
> completely messed up the American covers.

Yeah, I know, I wanted to pick those up as well, but I didn't see too
many, so I only concentrated on looking for Dominion and Shin Tenchi LDs.
Maybe next trip I'll try and get them all.  Do the PS LDs have any decent
omake on them?  I'd like to be able to get the full PS "movie" trailer on
a format other than MPG, there was just a teaser for it on one of the
Shin LDs... hope the full trailer is on one of the ones I haven't gotten
or haven't watched yet...

> darn.. wish I was there..... here in SoCal we have a decent Japanese
> population but an overabundance of sushi shops.. and hardly anything else.

There's surprisingly a fairly large Japanese population here in
Pittsburgh, the restaraunts and the one Japanese food store have a pretty
decent selection.  I've yet to try shabu-shabu, though, have to do that
with my friends sometime...

Jordan Derber, Uber-Otaku
aka H-K
aka Buster Darkwings
Co-organizer of the Japanese TF episode fansubbing project
Visit the Darkwings' Shrine to Devil Z, the ultimate Japanese Transformers
page: http://members.nbci.com/hantaakiraa/pt/

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited