Re: Back from Otaku boot camp (Japan)

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Jordan Derber <jsdst5+@pitt.edu>
subject Re: Back from Otaku boot camp (Japan)
date Mon, 01 Jan 2001 18:53:17 -0500 (EST)
Heh, sorry man.  I guess it did kinda come off like I was bragging. But
seriously, if you want to go, it doesn't take that much.  It only cost me
$600 for my plane ticket, you would probably be able to find a better deal
if you're out in California, my buddy only paid like $500 (went through a
travel agency, you can usually find the best deals at those kinda places),
and the hotel was only 2700 yen a night (there's a bunch of cheap hotels
around Ueno), the one I stayed at has an English web site, it's
www.newkoyo.com .  Other than that, there's money for subway and JR fares
and food, and after that it's all spending money.  It was hard for me to
save for my trip since there was so much stuff I wanted, but now that I
know how cheap anime stuff can be in Japan, it's going to be alot easier
for me to save for the next trip.

Jordan Derber, Uber-Otaku
aka H-K
aka Buster Darkwings
Co-organizer of the Japanese TF episode fansubbing project
Visit the Darkwings' Shrine to Devil Z, the ultimate Japanese Transformers
page: http://members.nbci.com/hantaakiraa/pt/

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001, ^_^x Kenshin-dono wrote:

> At 04:55 PM 1/1/01 -0500, Jordan Derber wrote:
> *snip*
>
> i hate you =P
>
> ^_^x KD
> "The gap between love and hate is paper thin"-Rurouni Kenshin OAV

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs