----------
From: 	Gregory Matteson
Sent: 	Thursday, October 31, 1996 10:55 AM
To: 	tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
Subject: 	more about wedding pictures

        I thought I would say some general things about the picture of Ryoko
and Tenchi getting married.  Some of you know I have a bit of a thing about
ethics, and may wonder about my sending a fine art picture to several
people.  The picture I sent, while very nice on a desk-top, is a mere echo
of what is in the artbook.  I don't know exactly how fine their screens are,
etc., but for a $50 book, I've seen $200 US  art books with much poorer
reproduction.  I have a 15 Meg version of that scan, and it doesn't even
begin to show all the fineness of the picture.
        I sent the picture in bmp format so you can put it on your MS
desktop, or edit it. Once I got zip working, it doesn't zip worth a darn
anyway, because there is a lot of fine detail buried in the darkness.  If
you have a drawing-pad and decent software such as PSP, that allows you to
mask off the figures, a mere 20-30% boost in brightness and contrast in the
background would bring out a lot of detail in the Shrine, there's detail in
Tenchi's cloths, too.
        Hey, if you really like the artwork, there's a lot more in those art
books, I encourage you that if that's what you like, go out and buy them, as
a Tenchi fan, you won't be disappointed.

                                Greg M.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited