Re: OT: The Towering Inferno

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from RadHaz <radhaz@redshift.com>
subject Re: OT: The Towering Inferno
date Sat, 02 Sep 2000 23:32:19 -0700

Tenchi Masaki wrote:

> RadHaz wrote:
>
> > Hmm, I haven't seen any cartoons yet. I'd like to see the
> > Russian ones!
>
> There are some pretty good ones. Not technically, of  course, as
> there was traditionally (like in most Western countries) less
> emphasis on drawing quality than on content. What I like about
> them is the dry humor and the voice actors, which are sometimes
> very good. My favourites are probaby the "Nu, pogodi!" and
> "Prostokvashino" series. Both have acquired cult status in
> certain circles. Regrettably, they are still series for children,
> and it's a real pity the production crews and VAs didn't
> get to do something more grown-up.
Maybe, kind of like Rocky and Bullwinkle, I think. One of the first
multi level cartoons.
> > Sol Bianca, after seeing the first two episodes, is really
> > good. Lots of action, and a good story.
>
> Any humor? I rarely like anything that is not funny.
Oh, yes, there's humor. This is no Gundam Wing.
> > Not a sex comedy.
>
> Waaahhh...
Well, there was a reference to a hickey.
> > Rent it, at least!
>
> I'll look whether I can find it someplace.
I think it's worth your while. Tell me if you think differently after
seeing it.

--
Radhaz

nan des no kono miso shiru wa?