Re: I want more Tenchi!

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from nik <silvourbolt@yahoo.com>
subject Re: I want more Tenchi!
date Sat, 2 Sep 2000 18:36:13 -0700 (PDT)
--- Joseph Riggs <josephriggs@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Pat the Great wrote:
>
> > Are there any plans for yet another movie, or a continuation of either
> > the OVA or the TV series? Maybe a Tenchi Muyo first-person shooter for
> > the PlayStation 2? Tenchi underwear? A Tenchi Muyo fighting game? To
> > finally decide whether Aeka could beat Ryoko, you know...
> >
> > (envisions Ryoko unleashing a 9-hit combo, finishing the round with a
> > barrage of fireballs a la Akuma from Street Fighter)
>
> Tenchi Universe was declared finished by its writer after the last movie, so
> I don't think we'll be seeing any more of it.

hmm... I think you must mean the director Hiroshi Negishi, or one of the producers.
The
main writer and the man who is most responsible for the flavor of TENCHI UNIVERSE,
and
TMiL is named Ryoe Tsukimura. The person who wrote the screnplay for TMiL2 based off
of a
story concept by Hiroshi Negishi had not worked on anything else that was Tenchi.
Y'know,
even though I don't like most of Tsukimura's work (crazy-ass Ayeka, bitchy Ryoko,
idiotic
Mihoshi) I must say that I wonder what TMiL2 would have been like had he wrote it.
At
least then the movie would have had some comedy. Ah well, it's probably just as good
he
didn't.
nik

Search field Search string