Re: SHIN reasoning

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from replicant <replicant@northstate.net>
subject Re: SHIN reasoning
date Sat, 02 Sep 2000 01:57:27 -0400
nik wrote:

> SHIN continues to dissapoint me. Why does Tenchi like Sakuya? She is the same as
Ryoko
> and Ayeka in the "he's mine, we are destined to be together" way, and it makes me
angry,
> because it seems to me that if Tenchi would give the same amount of time with Ryoko
or
> Ayeka away from the other girls, he would be just as happy as he is with Sakuya.

Why he's with Sakuya:
She's not an alien. She doesn't break his stuff. She doesn't annoy the piss out of
him
constantly.
She's not in the relationship applying pressure to him as much as the rest. She isn't
trying
outdo anyone. She's a normal infatuated girl, not a sex-crazed space pirate or a pompous

royal type hiding behind her crown as to not show her insecurites.

What about Aeka and Ryoko:
The relationship between Tenchi and one of the girls if they were alone would blossom
as
well.
Tenchi wants a normal relationship, free of all of the crap that he goes through.
He
definitely
wants the girls to be genuine to him and not constantly battling for his attention.
Tenchi on
the
roof with Ryoko and Aeka and him in the cabin are good examples of how he would want
the
relationship to be. Genuine. IMO.

> Yet this
> seems not to be the case, even after the date ep with Ryoko. It's slightly frustrating,

> because even in their mangled, hacked-up forms, I still like Ayeka and Ryoko better
than
> Sakuya. The only thing good for Ayeka so far is that she seems to be a little more
open
> and a bit less protective than her UNIVERSE self. Ryoko, IMO, is totally getting
the
> shaft. I would like to speak to the series constructor and ask him why he choose
this
> show's format the way he did.

It's easier to follow than the other series and the youngsters can get into it. Money
defined

this series and not fanbase. It was projected fanbase.

> It's the very basis of this show that confuses me. It's not Tenchi-like at all.
It's just
> a wacky Sailor Moon with the Tenchi look-alikes in it. It's degraded into "hyjinks
ensue,
> bad-guy appears, Mega-Ryo-Ohki kicks bad-guys ass with gay pink Voltron battlesuit"

> At some point, does SHIN ever break the cycle?
> nik

Shin is no fucking way like SM. It is not on par with the OAV's, but it is not that

fucking lame. Sheesh! Besides if it were more like SM, then Ryoko and Aeka would
be dating and Tuxedo Tenchi would be the dream guy for every girl in existence.
BAH!

--
replicant
Holy Knight of the Knightly Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts

"Bite me, Nerdboy!" - Bun Bun (Sluggy Freelance)

"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you." - Carl Jung

"Be resolute, fear no sacrifice and surmount every
 difficulty to win victory." - Chairman Mao Tse Tung

Voted "Most Vile and Offensive Member" of TMML!

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs