Re: OT: The Towering Inferno

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Tenchi Masaki <tenchisa@japan.com>
subject Re: OT: The Towering Inferno
date Fri, 1 Sep 2000 12:42:44 -0400 (EDT)
RadHaz wrote:

> but there's some very funny sight gag comedy

Hm, yeah, there've been a couple of shows of this type
on air lately...

> as well as some cool movies from the Soviet and post Soviet
> eras.

Movies are broadcast regularly on all major channels, ORT, RTR,
NTV, TNT etc. Mainly old ones, but there are some good ones, too.
Most of the air time is occupied by cheesy latino-american and US
serials, though, which are astonishingly popular. You can also try to look
out for some Russian cartoons, there are a few
excellent ones produced long ago that are repeated occasionally.
Also, there's Sailor Moon at 7am and 4.30pm on TNT (just looked
and dear, that spelling they use is horrific), Simpsons at 8am on
Nevsky Kanal, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at 7am. It's amusing that, as
far as I see, there's not a single anime on the
dedicated kids channel of NTV+, whereas TNT, a major player among
the "serious" channels, broadcasts SM twice a day...

"..gives you to think." -Capt. Zapp Brannigan
"No it doesn't." -Kif

Are we getting any new Futurama one day, BTW?

> Right now, there is a  bald guy wearing a stylized space suit
> standing  in front of what I think is a large model of the MIR
> space station.

Sorry, missed that. It probably was some information about the
ISS - one of the few projects that so far seem to go
successfully.

> the Izu Islands on TV Japan

Where are those?

> Hmm, I see several logos on the screen at any time. TVR seems
> to be the broadcaster, and there is a logo that looks like a
> "1" with an orbital "swoosh".  Also a logo that looks like
> "OP".

That's ORT, with RTR these are the two big channels broadcast all
over the country.

> Wow, I really screwed up the spelling. CORVALLIS. That's what I
> get for running a 17 inch monitor at 1600 x 1200.

Shouldn't do that, it's not healthy for your eyes. A good
resolution for a 17-inch is 1024x768. I have a 22-inch Iiyama,
and it's barely sufficient to run 1600x1200 without stressing the
eyes too much.

> I haven't seen Escaflowne on TV yet.  In fact, I've been rather
> busy with other things. I did get Sol Bianca DVD 1, and it
> looks pretty good.

Is there any substance in this show? Looked like 90% fan service
to me after watching some teasers...

--
Sergey Alekseyev

Search field Search string