Re: Fanfic problems, mainly for K't.

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Re: Fanfic problems, mainly for K't.
date Fri, 2 Jun 2000 10:05:28 +0000
On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, nik wrote:

> K'thardin, firstly, could you please show me where this gent has stolen yours and
others'
> ideas? I don't doubt the theft, I just wanted to see what he took.
>

> Next, why don't you try notifying RemarQ and tell them that this person has pirated
other
> people's work. In the terms of service for RemarQ there is probably something that
could
> get him kicked off for stealing your stuff.

Isn't RemarQ just a Usenet archive? If yes, there no-one will ever be
"kicked off". Besides, this is still *fanfiction*, something people
do for a hobby. No company will *ever* do anything at all due to
"stealing" in fanfiction, and IMO that's a good thing. Peer pressure
is much more effective here.

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
        Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.
   A Homepage for Elektra: http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~borgward/
     ANT - Animeclub fuer Deutschland: http://www.anime.no.tomodachi.de/
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string