Going to Japan (was: Japanese DVD with Mihoshi/Sound File)

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Going to Japan (was: Japanese DVD with Mihoshi/Sound File)
date Wed, 3 May 2000 11:34:48 +0000
On Tue, 2 May 2000, Kathleen wrote:

> >I wonder how I'll readjust to those restrictions once I come back from
> >Japan...
>
> I must have missed this news! Brazil, you are going to Japan soon? How

Not quite "soon"; I'll go in october.

> wonderful.
> When and for how long? Are you visiting friends?

No, I'll stay for one year and do my master thesis there. It's not yet
absolutely certain, but I was told that so far, the applications from
our university were always successful.

However, the language issue is still a bit uncanny. I know my Japanese
isn't nearly good enough to hold a conversation even about trivial topics,
and I#m not sure whether I'll be able to get much better till I go.

>   I hope you can hit Anime World Star in Tokyo and get some Washu cels! Let
> me know if you need a map. (not that I have ever been there, but do know
> where the map is on line!)

That'd be a good idea. I just wonder where I'll get all the money...

> I just found out that my friends from Japan are going to come out this
> summer and stay for a month. It will be quite a chance for my daughter to
> practice her Japanese and English for their daughters. Not as good as going
> to Japan, but fun anyway.

Yeah, sounds great.

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
        Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.
   A Homepage for Elektra: http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~borgward/
     ANT - Animeclub fuer Deutschland: http://www.anime.no.tomodachi.de/
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string