Re: Japanese DVD with Mihoshi/Sound File

to <tenchi@ML.usagi.org>
from "Schobronics" <schobronics@gmx.net>
subject Re: Japanese DVD with Mihoshi/Sound File
date Wed, 3 May 2000 07:33:43 +0200
Dan Hollis wrote:

> > Unlike CDs, DVDs often have regional coding.
>
> Correct (but just you wait, region coded CDs are just round the
> corner, as are self-destructing CDs.)

The region code can be cracked. If not or these bomb CDs will be sold I can
tell you what will happen. Everyone will copy CDs and almost noone will buy
them. They're going to dig their own graves...

> > This was done as part of the original DVD copyrighting,
>
> Incorrect - has nothing to do with copyrighting
[..]
> > preventing the illegal copying of DVD titles
>
> Incorrect - region codes dont prevent copying
[..]
> > something that kept the movie industry from embracing DVD for a
> > long time. A special encoding in the pits and grooves of the DVD disc
> > checks to see what type of decoder is in the player.
>
> Incorrect - the region code is part of the mpeg stream, not a special
> encoding.

Me thinks he thinks of whatsitsname... CSS.

> > While the tampering of Region Codes is tantamount to piracy,
>
> Incorrect

Agree 100%...

Ja
Schobronics
--
http://privat.schlund.de/schobronics/        schobronics@gmx.net
Member of ANT & #SAS# - Founding member of Animexx - DFFML admin

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs