Re: Japanese DVD with Mihoshi/Sound File

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gd_himes@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Japanese DVD with Mihoshi/Sound File
date Tue, 2 May 2000 20:16:54 -0700 (PDT)
--- gemmes@offratel.nc wrote:
[regarding region codes]
> That's the way it works for every monopolistic
> entity.
>
> I have yet to see the legality proven about the DVD
> region-coding scheme.
>
> Greg.

That's why the companies selling region free players
are selling so many, and why a new one still appears
for every 10 or so models that are region restricted.

If you can find one of those, the APEX, or one of the
ones the Video Hacker Magazines have, that a couple of
solder jumpers or resistor connections will allow
defeat of the "feature,"  go for that.  Or, of course,
buy a region 2 player and have it imported from Japan
<cough, gag, sputter> and if you have a wallet and an
apartment afterward, you can pay for a disc that's 3
times as expensive.

I can handle the disc price, but not the player...

The country code crap is why the DVD format was 2
years late in the United States, and because of that
we lost half a dozen excellent features that should
have been included with the electronics, BUT NO!

The Other Greg.
Gregory Himes

Search field Search string

archive list