Re: Your Cons, Your Friends, & Your Hiroshi

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Kathleen <rocket98@gte.net>
subject Re: Your Cons, Your Friends, & Your Hiroshi
date Tue, 02 May 2000 15:43:27 -0700
At 06:15 PM 5/2/00 -0400, SonOfWashu wrote:
><< Plus there is the monthly Comic
>  convention at the Shrine (I
>  have never been but always want to) and Anime Expo
>  in the summer >>
>
>             The Shriner's Con is pretty decent depending on what they're
>showcasing.  They had one focused on the old Batman TV show and I wanted
>badly to go (yes, I know, I'm seriously warped), but having no vehicle of
>mine own, I couldn't make it (friend bailed on me at the last minute
>'cause he'd got a new videogame).

  Hey, I know Burt Ward and his wife Tracy through dog rescue. Very nice
people, and very normal. That's my 2 degree's of Kevin Bacon to Batman.
Oh, and my son worked on the first of the recent Batman movies, he made the
electronics to control the 'fire guns' on the front of the vehicles. Enough
of that....

 > Excellent source of cheap Neon Genesis stuff last
>few times I was there, but their Tenchi is usually over-priced.

Well, besides cels which are always overpriced at Cons, I don't know what
other Tenchi stuff I could get besides books. And I would love some more
books, but I know they would be expensive there. I will go someday.

>  God dammit,
>every year for the past four years I've had the money and been ready to go
>to the Expo, and every year someone bails on me (not very reliable people,
>are they?^_^).

The Expo is a blast. I would go this year if you can. It is expensive,
that's for sure...but worth it. And since last year I got to meet (and
watch TMiL2 with) K'thardin and Happosai, it was even more fun. Anyone
planning on going this year? We gotta try to meet.

>  Closest I've come was the truly pathetic passing the money on to someone
> else and having them pick you up somethng (though the Meet the Tenchi
> Muyo CD is so funky I love it to death; does anyone know where the Your
>Hiroshi song came from, I just can't place it, and I know it's on nothing I
>have on tape (then again, I have mostly subs, and that would be a dubbed
>song)?  Hilarious friggin' song.

It is hilarious, I remember being blown away the first time I heard it and
realized what it was about. And the music is really very cool, it has an
old "Town Without Pity" feeling (although not that tragic) that I love. It
is from (now I can hear the groans....) the Pretty Sammy OAV, I can't
remember which one right now. It is Sammy's mother who sings it...and she
sings it a lot, she is obsessed with Karaoke. I think she is pretty
hilarious herself.

Kath

Search field Search string

archive list