Re: Japanese DVD with Mihoshi/Sound File

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Kathleen <rocket98@gte.net>
subject Re: Japanese DVD with Mihoshi/Sound File
date Tue, 02 May 2000 09:58:10 -0700
At 05:58 PM 5/2/00 +0000, Brazil wrote:

>Ok, but then pretty much everyone outside of Japan (and perhaps a few
>big cities in other countries) is "restricted"...
>
>I wonder how I'll readjust to those restrictions once I come back from
>Japan...

I must have missed this news! Brazil, you are going to Japan soon? How
wonderful.
When and for how long? Are you visiting friends?
  I hope you can hit Anime World Star in Tokyo and get some Washu cels! Let
me know if you need a map. (not that I have ever been there, but do know
where the map is on line!)

I just found out that my friends from Japan are going to come out this
summer and stay for a month. It will be quite a chance for my daughter to
practice her Japanese and English for their daughters. Not as good as going
to Japan, but fun anyway.

As for access to anime being restricted, I guess we in So. Cal are pretty
lucky. AnimePlus is not too far from me, and Dark Habor games a couple
hours down the road. There are graphic novel mangas at the local Borders
book store. Plus there is the monthly Comic convention at the Shrine (I
have never been but always want to) and Anime Expo in the summer. What we
don't have is rental tapes, and only Suncoast to buy from if you don't want
to make the drive to AnimePlus or have to have something right now. My son
works at the local video store now so we are trying to get them to get more
series, and some on DVD. That would be nice.

Be ready to give us a long story of your trip, Brazil!
Kath (jealous Space Pirate)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited