Re: TM on CN

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gd_himes@yahoo.com>
subject Re: TM on CN
date Mon, 1 May 2000 21:39:36 -0700 (PDT)
--- SonofWashu@aol.com wrote:
> and snip, what kind of a timeslot are they planning
> on?  The OAV's running
> last, right? (Why?  Why must it run out of sequence,
> and why must people in
> high places be idiots?)  So, with only a little
> fidgeting of material here
> and there, that could run an hour, innit

If they used a weekend night time slot of two hours,
over four weekends, they could show the entire OVA
uncut.  Just leave out the previes, and only show one
opening credits and closing credits for the
appropriate sequence.  Believe me, I've done this once
for my sister, who only has VHS, and the same for a
friend who absconded with the work VCR for the weekend
to watch it.
For my sister, I actually fit eps 1-5 on 1 tape, 6-9
on another, and 10-13 on the last, and had enough room
to put the apropriate opening and ending credits in
both Japanese and English.  It was bizarre, every tape
had about 1 minute of blank space at the end.
My friend wanted to see everything though, so I stuck
the coming attractions at the end of each of the 4
tapes.

They'll never do it though, will they?

Gregory Himes

Search field Search string